| 0 comments ]

The Bengali bombshell Bipasha Basu has never looked or felt in better physical shape than she is now. For her it’s all about loving her body. Her nine-year romance with Bollywood and equally-long relationship with John Abraham is in full bloom. Post her fitness videos, her film career has picked up steam. She has Priyadarshan’s Aakrosh (earlier titled Garam Hawa), a film meant to give her ‘artistic side’ a boost. Then there is Rohan Sippy’s 

Dum Maro
Dum, the slick action thriller that is currently being filmed in Goa. She’s studying a couple of more scripts and is streamlining her endorsements.

    On Easter Sunday, she had a double lunch date at beau John’s home and in her best friend Deanne Panday’s house. Her personalised clothes line will be launched post the IPL grand finale. With such a flurry of activities, one would naturally assume that Bipasha’s mood is upbeat. Yet there is something niggling at her and being the forthright girl that she is, Bipasha comes straight to the point: “Recent media reports are constantly saying just one thing. They’re either talking about my divagiri or me being unprofessional. Nothing could be further from the truth than this.’’
    Visibly upset with the Bipasha smear campaign, the actress says, “Listen I didn’t get to this position by being unprofessional. Nor do I throw tantrums as it is
being made to seem. If I have had issues at a couple of public functions, then it must mean that someone else didn’t keep their end of the bargain. Unfortunately, one-sided stories make it to the media and since I don’t have a strong public relations machinery to put things into the right perspective, my reputation is being tarnished.’’
    But she will not wallow in self-pity. Always known for taking the reins of her life and career in her hands, and for quicksilver independent deci
sions, the actress says, “I know some publications survive on negative publicity. But I just feel it’s unfair to tarnish someone’s reputation just to sensationalise a report. I’m the sort who has usually let most things ride. But that hardly means that I’m insensitive to what is being said about me. I’m going to get a PR person. I just feel someone should be out there giving my version of every ugly report that raises its head, of late once too often.’’
    Having said that, she talks of how her latest two movies Aakrosh and Dum Maro Dum are giving her a chance to bring quality into her performances. And, while she categorically denies that John recommended her to Rohan Sippy for DMD, the actress laughs, “Listen I know Rohan from the Taxi 9211 days where John played the lead. Rohan approached my casting agent on his own accord. John and I have been together for nine years and haven’t interfered in each other’s careers. ’’

0 comments

Post a Comment